Main Battle Tank
Intended to defeat stationary and mobile armoured targets by gun and missile armament, as well as to increase firepower of subunits of the Army.
The main differences between the T-64B and the T-64A version are as follows:
- solid side screens are installed;
- armour of hull and turret is strengthened;
- guided weapon system is installed;
- gun with quick-disconnect barrel and breech ring;
- neutron weapon protection system is additionally installed;
- availability of smoke grenade launchers.
Equipment: 1G42 sight-rangefinder, TPN-3-49 night sight, R-123M radio station, 2E26M (2E42) weapon stabiliser.
Armament: 125mm 2A46M1 smoothbore gun, 9K112-1 guided weapon system, 7.62mm PKT machine gun, 12.7mm NSVT anti-aircraft machine gun.