Main Battle Tank
Intended to defeat armoured objects, manpower and materiel of an enemy round the clock, as well as to support subunits of the Army on the march and in battle.
It is a further derivative from the T-80UD.
- increased level of protection due to “Nozh” built-in explosive reactive armour, use of a high-speed fire-fighting system;
- “Varta” optronic countermeasures system provides jamming of anti-tank guided ammunition;
- effective range of fire from the tank main gun is increased to 2.5 km by day and to 1.5 km by night;
- guided weapon system enables to deliver effective fire by a guided missile at a maximum distance of up to 5 km;
- availability of weapon overriding mode (except for a guided missile) from a commander’s workstation;
- more effective use of an anti-aircraft mount due to stabilised field of view of an anti-aircraft machine gun in elevation;
- additional power pack provides functioning of main consumers when a power plant doesn’t function;
- special kinds of paint that provide low level of reflection of lased and IR radiation;
- tank navigation information control system provides prompt determination of tank location co-ordinates, exchange of telecoded information;
- a possibility of reverse motion at a speed of up to 30 km/h.
Equipment: 1G46M sight-guidance device, TPN-4E, night sight, TKN-5 commander’s sight-periscope, PZU-7 anti-aircraft sight, 2E42M weapon stabiliser, 1A45 fire control system, TAKO-621 guided weapon system, TIUS-V tank ballistic computer, LIO-N navigation system, R-173M USW radio set, R-163-50K SW radio set.
Armament: 125mm 2A46M smoothbore gun, 7.62mm PKT machine gun, 12.7mm NSVT anti-aircraft machine gun.