Main Battle Tank
Intended to defeat armoured objects, manpower and materiel of an enemy round the clock, as well as to support subunits of the Army on the march and in battle.
It is an T-80 tank upgraded by means of installation of an 120mm main gun and an automatic loader placed in an isolated compartment of the rear of the hull.
- installation of the 120mm main gun;
- stowage of 120mm ammunition inside the automatic loader placed in the rear of the hull;
- increased level of protection due to built-in explosive reactive armour, use of a high-speed fire-fighting system;
- “Varta” optronic countermeasures system provides jamming of anti-tank guided ammunition;
- effective range of fire from the tank main gun is increased to 2.5 km by day and to 1.5 km by night;
- guided weapon system enables to deliver effective fire by a guided missile at a maximum distance of up to 5 km;
- availability of weapon overriding mode (except for a guided missile) from a commander’s workstation;
- more effective use of am anti-aircraft mount due to stabilised field of view of an anti-aircraft machine gun in elevation;
- additional power pack provides functioning of main consumers when a power plant doesn’t function;
- tank navigation information control system provides prompt determination of tank location co-ordinates, exchange of telecoded information;
- a possibility of reverse motion at a speed of up to 30 km/h.
Equipment: 1G46M sight-guidance device, “Buran-Katrin” night sight, TKN-5 commander’s sight-periscope, PZU-7 anti-aircraft sight, 2E42 weapon stabiliser, TAKO-621 guided weapon system, LIO-V tank ballistic computer, LIO-N navigation system, R-173M USW radio set, R-163-50K SW radio set.
Armament: 125mm 2A46M smoothbore gun, 7.62mm PKT machine gun, 12.7mm NSVT anti-aircraft machine gun.